(Inspired by Adventure Time. Created by Lydia McVay)
Makes about 10 waffles
6 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
6 Tbs. maple syrup
6 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. real vanilla extract
2 cup almond flour
6Tbs. coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
5 strips of uncured, pastured bacon, fully cooked and cut into pieces
1cup soy- and gluten-free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat waffle iron to lowest setting.
2. Place all ingredients in the order listed, except the bacon and chocolate chips in a high speed blender.
3. Blend until batter is completely smooth.
4. Mix bacon in by hand.
5. Spoon batter into the waffle iron, filling halfway and spreading evenly. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.
6. Close the lid and cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until the steam stops rising from the machine and the waffles easily release with a fork. Serve immediately or keep in a warm oven while you finish making the rest of the waffles.