Monday, December 15, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas: Part 2



     Every year, we make cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. We don't have any set thing, just that cookies are made. Some years, Lydia and I have made cookies. Some years, I've made cookies by myself. Some years, Ray and I have made cookies together. Some years, Lydia has made cookies with her Granny. Some years, we've made cookies from scratch and some years store-bought.

     There was one year, when Lydia was little, and I'd made cookies for Santa and placed them on a plate under the tree with a note. I explained to Lydia what was going on, and we went to bed. The next day, Lydia came out of her bedroom, bypassed the gifts left by Santa, and went straight for the plate. Upon seeing the missing cookies, she got very upset with Santa and pitched a fit. I told her that it was the least we could do for Santa who was kind enough to bring gifts. When that didn't calm her down, I told her Santa would come and take her presents away. She was two at the time.

     This year, we're leaving Santa a Paleo treat with Paleo sugar cookies. I don't think Santa will mind. These cookies are delicious, and you can decorate them, and Santa probably remembers how sick I got last year after eating some of the SAD cookies that we made for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment