Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas: Part 5


     I'm feeling better today, thank goodness, but the poor boys are sick with the stomach virus that Lydia, my mom, and my dad had. Lydia is also feeling better, and has been working on Christmas presents for everyone. It's good to see her up and about again. I just hope that everyone else gets better by tomorrow, and that I don't get it. I'd like to have one Christmas where everyone felt pretty good.

     While she was working on gifts for her brothers, I made the cinnamon rolls I meant to make yesterday. At first, I thought about making them exactly like Danielle Walker's recipe, but she says that they turned out more like biscuits, so I was inspired by the coconut cupcakes that we make, which are moist and delicious, but a little too runny to make into rolls, so I combined them for moist, delicious cinnamon rolls, which I posted here. Then I ate two of them. So did Ray. The last time I ate two cinnamon rolls, which was last Christmas, I felt pretty terrible afterwards. I felt all full of sugar and fail. I ate two of these, and I feel great, but a little full. It was a lot for a snack...lol.

      This is the final prep for Christmas since tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I have to work. Then it's cookies, opening a Christmas Eve gift, and trying to get a little bit of sleep while being too excited to sleep. So it's time to discuss Christmas lunch. Christmas dinner is easy because it is leftovers. Christmas lunch is usually a lot like Thanksgiving, in fact, my mom came down here yesterday to request the recipes for what we made at Thanksgiving, but I assured her that we'd be bringing exactly what we brought last month. My mom will make roasted hen, a ham, and possibly some beet and carrot salad and deviled eggs, and we will bring cranberry jelly, cranberry aioli, lemon meringue pie, and sweet potato chips because we can make them the day before (or two days before in the case of the jelly).

     Speaking of sweet potato chips, I had an epiphany last night. I was looking through one of my cookbooks full of burgers. And I was thinking about sweet potato chips. And then I thought, why not turkey burger sliders with sweet potato buns?! I'm definitely going to have to try it and get back to you on that one. I have a good feeling about it, though.

     I hope that everyone reading my blog has a very Merry Christmas or whatever it is you celebrate! It's been fun getting ready for it. I guess I need to make the cranberry jelly, so it has time to set before I make the aioli tomorrow night after I get home. And don't forget to charge up your batteries, so you get all the pictures and videos you want to get. Merry Christmas from the our Paleo family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment