Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas, 2014!

Santa Came!
     Today was a truly wonderful day. We got up at 3:00 am, to see what Santa brought. While the highlights for the kids were Monster High dolls and Legos, the highlight for me was watching their faces light up with joy as they got some of what they asked for and also a few surprises.

     I got a new Paleo cookbook that I'm looking forward to delving into. I glance through it a few times, but when you've only had two hours sleep because you helped Santa wrap gifts and several interrupted naps, it's hard to go in depth into anything. The book is Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso. We also got a few things to make some Paleo goodies with. We got a candy bar making kit. I know, it's so bad. And Lydia got a doughnut pan. We're going to totally have to try that out.

     We had the cinnamon rolls for breakfast, along with bacon and eggs, and that was wonderful and delicious. Lunch was probably really good, but my sense of smell is limited right now because of the cold, so it wasn't as good to me today as it was Thanksgiving. I'm sure it's me, though, because even the sweet potato chips didn't have much flavor. Sadly the pie did not turn out well because it didn't have enough gelatin in, so it was runny. The meringue, however, was delicious. Oh well, we were together, and it was a wonderful day. We even watched some videos of me when I was a teenager.

     Not to sound too conceited here, but I was so cute. It was motivating to get back to that. So I have a few days before the New Year to plan before getting back into the swing of things and losing weight, instead of maintaining. But that is a subject for another post.

     Well, it is time for dinner, so I'll wrap this up. I hope everyone had a great holiday. I'll leave you with this funny image:

No comments:

Post a Comment