Monday, July 20, 2015

Whole 30: Day One

Debra McVay's photo.

     Like all of my days off, this one went too quickly. It was a great day. We started off with braised kale, bacon, and watermelon. Then before lunch, we went out into the garden and picked tomatoes and cucumber to go in our salad. We also picked some eggplant to make into baba ghanoush.

     I haven't had a lot of energy today, but I don't know if that is sugar withdrawal or just coming off a butt-kicking week. It's probably both. I did snag a date at one point because I could not stop thinking about chocolate and coffee, but that helped, and I could move on.

     I stayed busy all day, doing chores around the house and playing. I didn't even look at my cookbooks because I was afraid they would fling cravings on me. Ray's blood sugar dropped, but he was able to get it back up with a handful of raisins. It took longer than candy, but it worked.

     We made a sweet mustard dressing with applesauce, mustard, balsamic vinegar, and coconut aminos. I think it could have used some mayonnaise, but we've had trouble making mayo in this heat. Dinner, however was divine. Ray roasted butternuts and cooked chicken in our new pressure cooker (a rad gift from my parents). He topped the squash with cinnamon, chicken, applesauce, and raisins.

     Now my tummy is full, my sweet tooth is sated, and I could totally go to sleep. Goodnight everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment