Sunday, July 26, 2015

Whole 30: Day 7

     This will be a short post. For one thing, I didn't take any pictures today, and for another, I'm exhausted. Today was an exhausting day at work, but I did have the energy to make it all the way through with only a 30 minute break for lunch in the middle of an 8-hour work day.

     Sundays are our vegetarian days because I found that eating meat seven days a week was making my toe hurt, which made me a little paranoid that it might be the onset of gout. So today we had fruit salad and pistachios for breakfast. I have a hard time with certain nuts, but these are on my okay list. I cannot eat pecans, walnuts, or macadamias, the latter making me very sad because I love macadamias. Lunch was a divine homemade roasted butternut squash soup seasoned with Chinese five spice. I plan on posting this recipe as soon as I can get a decent picture. I had planned on taking a picture of the soup at lunch, but I was having trouble keeping more than one thought in my head at a time, so I was halfway through dinner before I had this realization, and it was too late to take a picture of dinner, either. Dinner was winter squash hash with eggs.

     Other than having the dumb today, it was a really great day. My favorite parts were being home with the family and having Ray rub my very tired feet. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment