Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Whole 30: Day 10

     Today was another 9-hour work shift, but I started it off with a wonderful bacon onion quiche. Eggs really help me power through my morning. It's rare that I even get hungry before lunch (which I usually don't get to eat until six hours after breakfast.

Debra McVay's photo.     Lunch was a Mediterranean chicken salad wrap. It poured down rain during my lunch, and I got soaked, but it was worth it to get out of the building and eat in peace. After lunch, I got to see Ray and Victor. Victor had just been to the dentist: no cavities.

     After work, we had oxtail with kale, onions, and peaches. They were really good, but we're thinking of cooking them differently next time.

     We all just relaxed in the living room together for the little bit of time we had before it was time for the kids to go to bed.

     Ray's sugar has been running a little higher the last two days, and as always, we're not sure why. Living with brittle Type I diabetes if really rough, but we continue to do all that we can through diet and exercise to try to manage it. And one of the things we can do to help is to make sure we get adequate sleep, so it's now time to say goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment