Saturday, August 8, 2015

Whole 30: Day 20

     I'm sorry that I've neglected my posts for two days, but it's been a rough 2 days. Thursday, I had a nightmare again in the middle of the night. It was more absurd than my last, my usual nightmare fuel of dolls coming to life, so it was much easier to go back to sleep. The entire day I spent at work, I felt like I was on the edge of a panic attack. Once I got home and had eaten dinner, it started thundering and lightning, and I had to jump in and out of the shower. The weather proceeded to get worse, and a tornado warning was issued, so we headed up to my mom's house to wait out the storm.

     I awoke the next day to news that the store I work in was hit by the tornado. No one was seriously injured, but we're missing a good bit of roof. A good bit of the damage happened right in front of the pharmacy where I work, but the worst damage seemed to be over electronics where a good bit of the roof is missing. I was told not to come in Friday, and I haven't heard anything since. I had a lot of people ask after me, and I'm very grateful to know that they were thinking of me.

Alex's School Supplies
     I am feeling pretty lost right now - not as bad as when we got robbed or when Ray almost died, but still pretty lost. But as lost as I feel, the Whole 30 continues strong. In fact, Friday was the beginning of tax-free weekend, and I had planned on taking the kids to get their homeschool supplies after I got off work. Without our local store, we headed to Dothan to get supplies.  We were supposed to have oxtail, but we didn't think it would travel well, so we made some nori rolls to take with us for dinner, packed to cooler with nori rolls, filtered water, chopsticks, and napkins. We got almost everything we needed, even new shoes for the boys. The only thing we couldn't find was watercolor paper.

     The storm was the night of the 18th day. Yesterday was day 19, and I had planned on posting the menu for the next 10 days, but we didn't get home until late. Today is day 20, and it's been a rough day. The stress of everything, plus sitting in the car for over an hour to get to Dothan led to me getting a really bad gallstone today. It was so bad, I woke up with a headache, and I spent most of the day laying on the couch. It has passed now, and I am thankful, but I am also exhausted. Before I go, though, I'd like to leave you with pictures from breakfast and dinner.
Fried eggs with breakfast bacon stir-fry

Oxtail with onion jam and braised baby spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment