Sunday, August 2, 2015

Whole 30: Day 14

      The only thing that kept this from being a super lazy day is the fact that we were not wearing capes. Since the mattresses were already in the living room, we just had breakfast in bed. Fruit salad and pistachios are our usual go-to Sunday breakfast since Sunday is our vegetarian day.

     After breakfast, I had every intention of getting stuff done. I even made a list, but laying in bed all day and watching TV was just too tempting. We ended up just chilling out all day, watching Firefly. I did get up long enough to steam some broccoli and cauliflower for broc-cauli chowder for lunch. I even took a picture, but something went wrong, and I didn't realize until I was halfway through my chowder. After lunch, it was back to chillin' out.Even the boys got into the calm of the day and snuggled up next to me and took a nap. Since I could not move with them on either side of me, I decided it was a good time to take a nap as well.

Debra McVay's photo.
     After an afternoon of Firefly, the boys begged to watch The Lego Movie, so we put it on while Ray made dinner. When Victor went to the kitchen to be nosy, he was pleasantly surprised to find Brussels sprouts being cooked. Our kids love these veggies. We had them with onions and a creamy mustard sauce as a side to our eggs.  After dinner, it was back to business as usual, getting ready for work tomorrow, taking a shower, making food to take with me, making breakfast for the morning.

     It has been a truly lovely three-day weekend, but I must say goodbye to it and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment