Tuesday, April 28, 2015
X is for Xia Ren Chao Mian
2 cups of sweet potato, cut into noodles
8 oz. shelled, de-veined shrimp
2 onion, minced finely
2-3 cloves garlic, minced finely (I did not use this due to allergies)
3 green onions
10 oz. broccoli slaw
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 Tbs. anchovy paste
3 Tbs. coconut aminos
1 tsp. coconut sugar
1 tsp. rice vinegar
Shredded red pepper for topping
1. Boil sweet potato noodles for 2 minutes, drain, and spread on a paper towel to dry.
2. Combine sauce ingredients.
3. Lightly dip shrimp in tapioca flour on both sides and thoroughly shake off excess.
4. Heat wok over high heat, and add 2 Tbs. coconut oil. Cook shrimp quickly, just enough until they lose their translucence. Remove and set aside.
5. Add about another 1-2 Tbs. coconut oil to wok. Add onions. Allow to caramelize slightly. Add garlic and ginger then broccoli slaw. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add noodles and begin to toss with other ingredients.
6. After 2 minutes or so, add sauce and continue mixing until heated through.
7. Heap noodles onto 4 plates and top evenly with shrimp. Garnish with shredded red pepper and serve.