Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L Is for Lemon Blueberry Muffins


     These muffins took a couple of tries before I was happy with them, but I have to say, they are tasty. When I was a teenager, I used to love whipping up berry-flavored muffins. I used a mix that included some kind of terrible berry-flavored chips. As I got older, I completely stopped eating those but I never lost my love of muffins. These muffins were inspired by Lydia. She loves to bake, and she had made some blueberry muffins that tasted like they had lemon in them, but they didn't. We use frozen blueberries, but you can also use fresh.

(Makes 12 muffins)
 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tbs. coconut milk
1 tsp. real vanilla extract
Zest of one lemon
1 cup blueberries (if you use frozen, rinse in cold water until the water runs clear)
 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
 
2. In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
 
3. To the dry ingredients, add eggs, maple syrup, oil, milk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix well until you have an homogenous batter.
 
4. Fold in blueberries.
 
5. Pour batter into prepared cupcake wrappers and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment