Saturday, April 25, 2015

V Is for Vanilla Cherry Coconut Milk Ice Cream


     I was never much of a fan of ice cream. Even growing up, when my parents would ask me if I wanted ice cream, I would get it just as a vehicle for rich fudge sauce. Then when I realized I had a lactose intolerance, it began to make sense. Then I tried coconut milk ice cream, and I was hooked. Although we don't eat it often, I do enjoy playing around with flavor combinations. This combo is delicious and fruity and was completely eaten up by my family in about 30 minutes.

Ingredients:
2 cans full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup raw, local honey
1 cup cherries, use frozen if desired
1 vanilla bean pod
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Add coconut milk, almond milk, honey, cherries, and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor.

2. Using a sharp knife, cut open vanilla bean pod and scrape seeds into the mixture.

3. Run blender or food processor until blended. Blend longer for smaller cherries pieces or shorter for more chunks.

4. Follow you ice cream maker instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment