Saturday, May 9, 2015
Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries with a Twist
I love chocolate-dipped strawberries. I've had many over the course of my life. I've eaten them at weddings, showers, and parties. A beloved like-family member even made Ray and me some to take on our honeymoon, but they were eaten by a pack of rabid dingoes, posing as wedding guests. Most of them have been made with the type of chocolate that comes in coins marked for melting, but that stuff is terrible for you. These have real dark chocolate and a hint of something else. If you don't love them, I don't think there's any help for you. :)
2 pounds of organic strawberries, gently washed and dried
1 1/2 cups soy-free, dairy-free dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup of either nut butter or coconut butter
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet near your work station to lay strawberries on. Place washed and dried strawberries at work station. If strawberries are not completely dry, the water on them will seize the chocolate, and there is no coming back from that.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips using the low setting for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted. Be very careful because chocolate can burn very easily, and there is nothing to do for it but to start over.
3. Once chocolate is melted, stir in nut butter or coconut butter.
4. Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate. Place dipped strawberry onto parchment paper. Let set for 30 minutes.
5. Transfer to the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Peel the strawberries from the parchment paper.
6. Serve or arrange in a pretty box for a delicious gift.