Friday, February 13, 2015
Teriyaki Bacon Jerky
1 pack of uncured bacon
1 bottle balsamic vinegar
raw, local honey
1. Cut bacon slices in half.
2. Put bacon in a bowl and add enough balsamic vinegar to cover.
3. Add several drops of coconut aminos and a couple of squirts of honey.
4. Salt liberally and stir to make sure all the meat is covered with the liquid and salt.
5. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours. (Overnight it better.)
6. Place on dehydrator racks and allow to run for 12-14 hours, flipping once half-way through, or heat oven to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. If you use the oven method, lay bacon out on cookie sheets covered in foil and flip every 30 minutes. Jerky is ready when it is stiff, and you can fold it in half to show white fibers.
7. Once done, allow to cool before serving, or refrigerate and enjoy within 5 days.